Thursday 17 May 2018

Motivational Speaking?

I’ve never blogged in the conventional sense before. I’ve had a tumblr account and thought I was a ‘blogger’, reposting pictures and text on subjects I’m passionate about, but even through my adoration of writing I’ve surprisingly never produced my own written content. 
A year ago, an elderly woman at a bus stop in Brighton told me I should become a motivational speaker. Through my own experiences I had completely changed her mind on a subject you normally wouldn’t converse with bus stop strangers over, but it had come up in conversation somehow. I don’t remember how, it was over a year ago. I remember the topic of conversation though and how her argument changed over the course of the discussion, but that’s another story for another day. I pondered her advice for a while and came to the conclusion that motivational speaking would scare me, whilst in an ideal world I’d love to do it. I would love to open even one mind in a crowd of one or two hundred high school students, but that would rely on me getting up onto the stage first or merely standing in front of them which is, at this current point in time, a terrifying concept. I suppose blogging is the first step towards potentially becoming a speaker, the reason being that I can gauge responses to my words and the topics I’m keen to talk about and identify whether or not I should actually do it, should I prove to be a terrible writer. Which is a large possibility. 
You don’t know until you try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Repost) Gillette, Piers Morgan, and Steve from Hull.

AN: This is a repost of a piece I uploaded to other social media platforms, but realised I never posted here. It is from early January. Gi...